ON DECEMBER'S AGENDA
2. Terry Brown BBH
3. Greg Bernstein Baltimore City State's Attorney
4. Roxana Betranvand Red Line
Hope you can make it!
NEW BOARD ELECTED!!!
It is with great excitement and earnest expectations for
the future that we present you with a list of the newly elected board for the
Citizens of Pigtown Community Association:
President – Richard Parker
Vice President – Heinz
Secretary – Syree
Treasurer – Sherry
Director – Jacqueline Ellis
Director – Aparna
Director – Marlesia Johnson
Director – Maggie
Director – Christina
Director – E.
previous board did an exceptional job of working with members of you to resolve the issues, questions, and concerns
that affect the citizens of the Pigtown Community. We plan to continue to build on those
relationships while taking on the continued challenges facing our community. We look forward
to working with you on the many issues that affect our community with the
common goal of making our city the best that it can be.
- Capital One Bank in Mt Clare Junction has opened!!! Stop by and check them out and see the awesome services they have to offer! We will have a Rep from the bank in to tell us about all their services and answer questions!
- The past few years dues for the Community Association have been voluntary, but starting this month, dues will be required, $10 a year to help the community association afford things like fliers, t-shirts and other goodies, as well as to pay taxes. Yes, even though we are a 501(c)3 we still have to pay taxes. So any dues we collect will be greatly appreciated!
- For those who haven't seen our Facebook post, the new Pigtown Ale House will be opening this winter! More details to come!
I encourage everyone to check out the LDC website which is listed below. The website contains the meeting info for the subcommittees and most of the subcommittee meetings are open to the public. If are you unable to attend, but are interested in providing some ideas, comments & concerns, feel free to email us and I'll forward the info onto the appropriate person.
The LDC casino meeting is Thursday, November 14th at 630 at the Sharp-Leadenhall Baptist Church. These meetings are open to the public and there is a question and answer session at the end, I encourage everyone to attend.
The Baltimore LDC website is:
website has all the documents presented at the LDC meetings, including the traffic studies, the environmental studies, and the computer mock-ups of the new casino.
We ask everyone to be vigilant in keeping an eye out for crime and if you don't report it the police department doesn't know there is an issue. You can report anonymously and the city has a created a website where you can report crimes without the need of a police officer and obtain a police report. This is to be utilized for simple crimes like stolen items from your back yard of which you don't feel is necessary to call the police but still need to be reported. Also, if you have a smart phone, please download the "Baltimore 311" app. All 311 requests can be made anonymously and the app provides updates, picture uploads, and GPS pinpoints. Pigtown leads the city in 311s! Keep up the great work!
The next COP walk scheduled for the months of November & December have been CANCELED in honor of the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays. COP Walks will resume in January. It is scheduled for the 4th Wednesday of every month at 7pm, meeting at the Bathhouse, 904 Washington Blvd. This is an hour walk to report broken things in the community via 311. This walk is conducted with at least 1 police officer and the community relations officer from Southern District. We get people from other neighborhoods who attend our walks; it's time we get our own attendance up. Walks are canceled when it rains.